iPhone 11 release date and price
- iPhone 11 launch date: September 10
- iPhone 11 pre-order date: September 13
- iPhone 11 release date: September 20
- iPhone 11 price: starts at $699 (£729, AU$1,199)
The iPhone 11 release date is set for September 20, which is good news for anyone looking to get hold of Apple’s affordable new iPhone, as the XR hit stores later than the XS in 2018.
IPHONE 11: SPECS AND FEATURES
- 6.1-inch LED Retina display
- Anodized aluminum
- Six new colors
- Dolby Atmos
- 12-megapixel wide camera (26-mm, f1.8, 6-element)
- 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera (13-mm, f2.4, 5-element, 120-degree view)
- Updated image signal processing
- Next-generation smart HDR
- Portrait Lighting with Light Control
- Night mode for low-light photography
- 4k video at 60fps
- 12-megapixel front-facing TrueDepth camera with 4K video support and slo-mo selfies (slofies)
- A13 Bionic processor (fastest CPU and GPU in a smartphone)
- All-day battery life (1 hour more battery life than the iPhone XR)
iPhone 11 design and display
Apple hasn’t messed with the formula of the iPhone XR for the iPhone 11, with the same chunkier chassis, compared to the iPhone 11 Pro, coming with a chunkier border around the 6.1-inch LCD (Liquid Retina) screen.
If you hold the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 side by side you’ll notice the real difference in design, with the latter feeling significantly thicker in the hand, although the Pro also has a nice matte finish.
The LCD display of the iPhone XR returns on the iPhone 11 to keep costs down compared to a pricier OLED option. It’s still bright and clear – and it seems to help when it comes to battery life, as the iPhone XR has the best battery life of any iPhone we’ve tried.